Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 05-21-2020, 04:00 PM  
Supporter

Clark Hunt: The Chiefs Will Begin Contract Negotiations W/Mahomes This Summer

https://1053thefan.radio.com/article...ahomes-this-su

Chiefs to Begin Extension Talks with Patrick Mahomes This Summer

The Chiefs plan to begin contract extension negotiations with star quarterback Patrick Mahomes this summer, chairman Clark Hunt said Wednesday evening.

The negotiations are something we’ll be getting into this summer,” Hunt said on a Facebook Live event with 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. “But what he has said and what we’ve said, both sides is, he wants to be a Kansas City Chief for life, and that’s our mentality as well. We want him to play his entire career in Kansas City, and that’s what we’re going to be shooting for.”

Mahomes is currently set to count around $5.3 million against the salary cap in 2020 on the fourth year of his rookie contract, but the expectation is he’ll sign a long-term extension and become the NFL’s highest-paid player given all he has accomplished early in his career.

Mahomes, 24, was named the NFL MVP in a spectacular 2018 and followed that up by leading the Chiefs to a Super Bowl title in the 2019 season, during which he threw for 4,031 yards, 26 touchdowns and five interceptions in 15 games in the regular season.

Hunt knows as well as anyone what Mahomes means to his organization.

“In terms of special qualities, the thing that really struck me in 2018, the first year that he became a full-time starter for us, was his leadership ability,” Hunt said. “We knew he had these special physical gifts. We had seen him on the practice field. We’d seen the no-look throws. We had seen the 70-yard bombs, all that stuff – I’m not sure we had seen the left-handed throw but maybe. But anyhow, we knew we had that. But the pleasant surprise was what a great leader he was at age 23. An NFL locker room is a very difficult place to come into as a young player and lead, but it was very evident that the entire team was looking up to him in his first year as a starter – and of course that carried over into this past season.

“He has a tremendous amount of humility going back to what I said about leadership qualities. So he’s very humble on one hand and very competitive on the other and his teammates all respect him and want to play for him and with him.”
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:10 AM   #61
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1025 View Post
I don't think a deal is possible without Chris Jones signing first unless the Chiefs cut about 10+ mil off their current cap number. Whatever deal he agrees to, even if team friendly, is going to drive his numbers up this year big time.

I like Chris Jones a lot but I think they messed up by not trading him
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:23 AM   #62
Going home eventually

Deal unlike any other? Mmmmmmm.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:25 AM   #63
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I actually think Mahomes’ deal is going to cap QB salaries for a while. Teams won’t simply say it’s your turn to get paid so here’s your deal a bit higher than Mahomes. He is so far beyond everyone else in ability and accomplishments that the argument won’t exist from players, GMs, or fans that the next QB should get more than the previous guy, Mahomes.
I don't think that's how this market works. Teams starving for good QB play will always be willing to bid against each other and ended up overpaying regardless of what the best QB in the league is making.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:30 AM   #64
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
I don't think a deal is possible without Chris Jones signing first unless the Chiefs cut about 10+ mil off their current cap number. Whatever deal he agrees to, even if team friendly, is going to drive his numbers up this year big time.

I like Chris Jones a lot but I think they messed up by not trading him.
What? No. The opportunity to win is now with this Team and with CJ. Strike while the iron is hot and let the chips fall where they may after the season.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:39 AM   #65
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
I think you underestimate the arrogance of other QB’s and their agents. We are seeing it right now with Dak Prescott. Deshaun Watson’s camp leaked to the media that they will demand more from Houston than whatever Mahomes is paid.
That just cracks me up about Watson.. Actually both crack me up but for some reason the Watson rumors crack me up more
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #66
Veteran

Quote:

I like Chris Jones a lot but I think they messed up by not trading him.
We have no idea what kind of offers we were receiving. Obviously we didn’t receive an offer that reflects his market value because we didn’t make a trade.
Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #67
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
I think you underestimate the arrogance of other QB’s and their agents. We are seeing it right now with Dak Prescott. Deshaun Watson’s camp leaked to the media that they will demand more from Houston than whatever Mahomes is paid.
Can't blame him. If I'm Watson I'm shaking down BOB for every single ****ing penny.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 01:12 PM   #68
MVP

How about 18%(of cap)+ performance bonuses each season for Mahomes?
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:21 PM   #69
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
How about 18%(of cap)+ performance bonuses each season for Mahomes?
I've always thought that type of contract is reasonable and a win ,win for both sides.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 09:00 AM   #70
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
I've always thought that type of contract is reasonable and a win ,win for both sides.
Only problem with it is it means he has a big cap number every year, and you can't use signing bonuses to spread the money as much.

I think we see something more like Goff's contract, which let's you move money around from signing bonuses and roster bonuses and keep the huge cap hits from nailing you right away. You're always pushing the enormous cap hits down the road.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:39 AM   #71
The Boom Boom Room

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:16 PM   #72
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Only problem with it is it means he has a big cap number every year, and you can't use signing bonuses to spread the money as much.
thats why it’s never been done yet. GM’s like the flexibility year to year. Seems to me that in this unique situation, these never before seen $’s that knowing your % of cap taken every year would be a better benefit than flexibility.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:21 PM   #73
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
Deal unlike any other? Mmmmmmm.
$40 mil/year and exclusive rights to plow Clark’s daughter.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:25 PM   #74
Banned

A "contract like no other" can mean a lot of things. He's revolutionized the game, why not the papers?
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:16 AM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
How did Brady get his cheap ass dildo deals done with the Patriots? Does his agent suck so goddamn bad that the best thing he could come up with was a contract number that screams, "I'm just another cog in the system"

Or did Brady tell his agent, "You work for me. I don't want to be the highest paid QB. Ever. Not even for a single season."

I'm not saying that's what Mahomes will do, only that if that's what he wanted, he would make it work. The whole, "The agent gets paid a percentage of the contract..." thing is great and all, but in the end if the player doesn't like the deal put in front of him, he won't sign the contract.
Brady's wife makes wayyyyyy more money than he does, so he could afford to take less. Pat's gf don't make nearly that much.
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.