Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:19 AM   #34111
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
speaking of masks, I guess the latest craze is to hang them from your rearview mirror. I saw a few cars with that today. So that's good...wear your mask then grab it with your hands and hang it on your mirror...rinse and repeat....
So where's a better place to store it? It gets plenty of heat and UV light hanging there. It may impact field of vision, which would be a negative.

And how are they supposed to get it on and off? Do they have some sort of magical hands free mask putter onner?
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 06:49 AM   #34112
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLV View Post
Am I missing something about how much exposure is necessary to become infected?

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2007800

Just talking generates respiratory droplets, ranging from 20 to 500 microm. This also shows what a mask does to reduce those droplets.

The very same droplets, 60-100 microm, can travel up to 3 ft just by breathing:

https://pubmed.ncbi..nih.gov/17542834/

If you want to argue about quality of mask and what the means in terms of droplet size, then sure. But to say just by walking past an infected person at the store with neither wearing masks won’t lead in infection seems wrong.

Feels like I’m going crazy here.
As I understand it from an article I posted a couple weeks ago it takes about 1,000 to infect you. Supposedly we expel about 900 or so per minute of normal talking and breathing. As mask can push that down to 500ish but still does not prevent it, just buys you a bit of extra time. And you might be going crazy, looked outside lately??
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:50 AM   #34113
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
So where's a better place to store it? It gets plenty of heat and UV light hanging there. It may impact field of vision, which would be a negative.

And how are they supposed to get it on and off? Do they have some sort of magical hands free mask putter onner?
One of the biggest reasons why masks are not good for preventing you from getting it. Just from spreading it.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:58 AM   #34114
Mod Team

Doctor Olathe reads one article and then quotes it forever like it’s the word of the Bible.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:06 AM   #34115
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Someone from that party tested positive, shit isn't over, attention is just been diverted.
Millions will likely die from that pool party!
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:23 AM   #34116
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
I'm going to wait until all the fallout clears out and they get the bodies burned, then I'm going down to Osage Beach and buy a sweet ass mansion on the lake for pennies on the dollar.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:51 AM   #34117
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
Is that the Washington model? The Neil Ferguson model projects 300 million dead from that pool party I believe.
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:00 AM   #34118
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
Interesting new theory on Covid19....

https://elemental.medium.com/coronav...g-2c4032481ab2

Thanks for sharing that and it explains alot of what might be happening.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:09 AM   #34119
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Doctor Olathe reads one article and then quotes it forever like it’s the word of the Bible.
Don't you have someone to pump at the gym?
Old 05-31-2020, 11:13 AM   #34120
Mod Team

Quote:

There are Lots of people in the general population with untreated high blood pressure. There’s a reason it’s a “silent killer.” These young people throwing clots and having strokes from COVID could possibly be linked to untreated BP issues.

Very interesting. Due to genetics I’ve been on an ACE inhibitor since my mid 20’s for high BP.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:15 AM   #34121
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Don't you have someone to pump at the gym?
I went again at 5 this morning. It was fantastic and I didn’t do one exercise with a dumbbell less than 40lbs.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:31 AM   #34122
legend

Well, I am on quarantine, cannot go to work, will be broke. ****. Gotta get tested.
KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:29 PM   #34123
MVP

Quote:

Thanks for posting. Lots of good info in that article. Itd be nice if they were able to figure this thing out quickly and a big part of finding a cure/vaccine is figuring out the type of virus it is.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:12 PM   #34124
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
There are Lots of people in the general population with untreated high blood pressure. There’s a reason it’s a “silent killer.” These young people throwing clots and having strokes from COVID could possibly be linked to untreated BP issues.

Very interesting. Due to genetics I’ve been on an ACE inhibitor since my mid 20’s for high BP.
I am not sure if people with autoimmune disease are more prone to the cytokine storm effect since the system is already hyperactive.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:15 PM   #34125
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtCobain View Post
Well, I am on quarantine, cannot go to work, will be broke. ****. Gotta get tested.
You need anything under 50 i got you. I got paid hazard PAY
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.