Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:55 PM   #15166
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Sunday Night so we went with KFC again.... my Freddy’s Frozen Custard was outvoted. I need to adopt so I can have one vote my way.
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:32 PM   #15167
Supporter

Sorry for your loss threebag. I haven’t been to a KFC in at least a decade.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:39 PM   #15168
MVP

If you want fried chicken make a road trip to Pittsburg...Annie's or Mary's either one works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag02 View Post
Sunday Night so we went with KFC again.... my Freddy’s Frozen Custard was outvoted. I need to adopt so I can have one vote my way.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:30 PM   #15169
Veteran

Brisket, had hungry people so didn't take pictures of the burnt ends or sides. Would say this was the best brisket I've ever done.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 10:17 PM   #15170
MVP

Loose meat sandwich. Midwest style. Browned ground beef with chopped onion, then simmered with a couple splashes of pickle juice. On sliced white bread with mustard and pickle.

And a mango with a drizzle of honey as a side.

Ghetto and fabulous. I was in heaven.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:36 AM   #15171
Politically Incorrect

Damn! You ****ers are knocking it out of the park!

scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:22 PM   #15172
Everything is Awesome!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
If you want fried chicken make a road trip to Pittsburg...Annie's or Mary's either one works.
This might be the clearest, most sane post you have ever put on here. I think I hate myself just a little bit for agreeing.
Ugh, am I dying? Am I Daru?
cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:05 PM   #15173
Banned

anyone have some simple brines for chicken breast?
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:13 PM   #15174
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

One that I learned from a friend is a combination of lawrys mesquite, hoisin, garlic and onion powders and beer. Pretty good combo.

Edit - wait you said brine not marinade didn't you. I use this one simple and quick if you don't bring it to a boil.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17...chicken-brine/
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:13 PM   #15175
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry View Post
salt water and herbs sugar, not for me. Citrus you bet

1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 jalapeno seeded and minced very finely
1 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons lime juice
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:50 PM   #15176
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
salt water and herbs sugar, not for me. Citrus you bet

1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 jalapeno seeded and minced very finely
1 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons lime juice
That's more of a marinade than a brine. Brine needs salt to keep more moisture in the meat.

Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:16 PM   #15177
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry View Post
I just dry brine.

Take the chicken breast, put it in a large glass bowl, sprinkle salt and pepper on there ( plus brown sugar, granulated garlic and/or a little cayanne depending on what flavors you're going for), cover with saran wrap and leave in the fridge over night.

A dedicated brine just seems an unnecessary stop to me.

EDIT: Also, I've generally been told to leave it uncovered and I believe it's because the evaporator cycle in your fridge will help get some of the moisture out of the skin and make it crisp up better when cooked. I just don't do it because I don't like the idea of uncovered chicken breasts in my fridge. I would recommend covering it but the results may not be quite as good. If you have a full sized beer fridge w/ some extra room, maybe give that a shot. Ultimately your mileage may vary.

Last edited by DJ's left nut; 06-01-2020 at 03:21 PM..
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:19 PM   #15178
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
That's more of a marinade than a brine. Brine needs salt to keep more moisture in the meat.

True story.

If it doesn't have salt in it, it isn't a brine (pretty much by definition).

It's like saying "I like Pot Roast without beef..." May be a fine vegetable stew, but it ain't pot roast.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:50 PM   #15179
MVP

Most chicken is pumped already but if not or you want to inject flavors, I boil water and salt, add herbs of choice rosemary, fennel, basil,or whatever and after cooling add citrus juice

What I added was a marinade for already pumped chicken but for some reason I missed/ deleted a sentence clarifying that. Thanks for calling that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post

Old 06-01-2020, 09:23 PM   #15180
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Been awhile. Homemade pizza. Spicy Italian sausage, sopressetta, onions, roasted tomatoes, red peppers, rough-chopped garlic, mushrooms, homemade marinara sauce. Mozz, provelone and asiago cheeses. Little chopped basil thrown over the top.

Last edited by Megatron96; 06-01-2020 at 10:29 PM..
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote