Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-12-2020, 06:02 PM  
offense > defense

"George Kittle is the best TE in the NFL"

CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:43 AM   #61
Cheaterlover*

Tony G: 270 games, 1325 rec, 15127 yds, 11.4 ypc 111 TDs. Average per game with mostly crap QBs: 5 rec, 56 yds, 0.4 TDs.

Rob Gronkowski: 115 games, 521 rec, 7861 yds, 15.1 ypc, 79 TDs. Average per game with one of the GOAT QBs: 4.5 rec, 68 yds, 0.4 TDs.

George Kittle: 45 games, 216 rec, 2945 yds, 13.6 ypc, 12 TDs. Average per game with mostly crap QBs: 4.8 rec, 65.4 yds, 0.25 TDs.

Travis Kelce: 96 games, 507 rec, 6465 yds, 12.8 ypc, 37 TDs. Average per game with mostly crap QBs until recently: 5.28 rec, 67.3 yds, 0.385 TDs.

Average receptions per game, in order: Kelce, Tony G, Kittle, Gronk

Average yards per game, in order: Gronk, Kelce, Kittle, Tony G (but Gronk played with a GOAT and the others didn't)

Average yards per catch, in order: Gronk, Kittle, Kelce, Tony G

Average TDs per game, in order: Gronk/Tony G, Kelce, Kittle (last by a wide margin, which is worse because guys like Gronk and Kelce have to share the ball with other great pass-catchers)

Putting them in finishing order per category, where your total is "lowest is best":

Gronk's positioning: 4, 1, 1, 1T -- total of 7
Kelce's positioning: 1, 2, 3, 3 -- total of 9
Tony G's positioning: 2, 4, 4, 1T -- total of 11
Kittle's positioning: 3, 3, 2, 4 -- total of 12

But we have to knock Gronk down a bit for playing his whole career with Brady. Although he and Kittle do get some extra credit for blocking--Gronk more so, in my opinion.

So what does all this mean? Personally, to me it means that Kelce is better than people give him credit for. A lot better. I think in his career, if he can stay healthy, he's going to be right up there with Gronk and above Tony G as one of the GOATs. Kittle? He's good but, honestly, there are a lot of good young TEs in the league right now. Kittle didn't even finish #1 in any of those average categories, and only had one #2 spot (YPC).
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:58 AM   #62
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
THIS. Really happy with our TE. Kelce is really good and also a cool dude. But..... Kittle is too. He deserves to be on a better team and coach.
You realize the only better team right now is KC?
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:09 AM   #63
MVP

I can take or leave his corn
OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.OrtonsPiercedTaint wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:54 AM   #64
Starter

I'd rather choose Bell over Kittle. I was kinda disappointed he was traded to Dallas.
Kittle is way overrated. He's just an average TE who fits quite nicely in the 49ers offense IMHO, hence his figures.
IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.IUsedToBeATightEnd is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:38 AM   #65
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUsedToBeATightEnd View Post
I'd rather choose Bell over Kittle. I was kinda disappointed he was traded to Dallas.
Kittle is way overrated. He's just an average TE who fits quite nicely in the 49ers offense IMHO, hence his figures.
Wow. This is the worst take I've read on this board in quite some time.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:44 AM   #66
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Wow. This is the worst take I've read on this board in quite some time.
Has to be a troll post. Check the username.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:45 AM   #67
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
You realize the only better team right now is KC?
I’m assuming he means Kittle deserves a better QB
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:04 AM   #68
MVP

Kittle is dam good. Hard not to like the kid.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:41 AM   #69
MVP

May be blaspheme, but I was thinking the other day that Kittle has a right to be considered better than Kelce, as his blocking is far superior.

Kelce has a right to be considered better than Kittle, as he is a more dynamic receiver.

It's splitting hairs. They're both amazing. Kittle + Kelce and then there's the field.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:03 PM   #70
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
Tony G: 270 games, 1325 rec, 15127 yds, 11.4 ypc 111 TDs. Average per game with mostly crap QBs: 5 rec, 56 yds, 0.4 TDs.

Rob Gronkowski: 115 games, 521 rec, 7861 yds, 15.1 ypc, 79 TDs. Average per game with one of the GOAT QBs: 4.5 rec, 68 yds, 0.4 TDs.

George Kittle: 45 games, 216 rec, 2945 yds, 13.6 ypc, 12 TDs. Average per game with mostly crap QBs: 4.8 rec, 65.4 yds, 0.25 TDs.

Travis Kelce: 96 games, 507 rec, 6465 yds, 12.8 ypc, 37 TDs. Average per game with mostly crap QBs until recently: 5.28 rec, 67.3 yds, 0.385 TDs.

Average yards per game, in order: Gronk, Kelce, Kittle, Tony G (but Gronk played with a GOAT and the others didn't)

Average TDs per game, in order: Gronk/Tony G, Kelce, Kittle (last by a wide margin, which is worse because guys like Gronk and Kelce have to share the ball with other great pass-catchers)

Putting them in finishing order per category, where your total is "lowest is best":

But we have to knock Gronk down a bit for playing his whole career with Brady. Although he and Kittle do get some extra credit for blocking--Gronk more so, in my opinion.

So what does all this mean? Personally, to me it means that Kelce is better than people give him credit for. A lot better. I think in his career, if he can stay healthy, he's going to be right up there with Gronk and above Tony G as one of the GOATs. Kittle? He's good but, honestly, there are a lot of good young TEs in the league right now. Kittle didn't even finish #1 in any of those average categories, and only had one #2 spot (YPC).
What about YAC?
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:09 PM   #71
Settle this once and forever

Kittle's a YAC monster as well. I believe he led the league in YAC in 2018.

One of my favorite plays from the 2019 season:

ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:25 PM   #72
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post

Longevity matters. Tony has more than twice the games of Gronk and still averaged as high as he did. Undisputed best ever. Kelce has years left but started later. He most likely doesn't catch Tony because of that. Kittle is young and good but you've got to put in multiple years before you get into these conversations. Gronk had injuries really catch up to him and Kittle is much more baby Gronk than Kelce ever was. We'll see how it all plays out.

For right now, which is really what the OP is about, Kittle is damn good and probably a better blocker than Kelce. He's still not as good a receiver as Kelce. If they ran a pass heavy offense and he was getting doubled up constantly, the route running would be more apparent.
Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:42 PM   #73
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
Kittle's a YAC monster as well. I believe he led the league in YAC in 2018.

One of my favorite plays from the 2019 season:

I mean, not that I want him to get injured, but a play like that is just asking for someone to dive at his legs and blow up a knee, isn't it? A guy jumping onto him from behind like that, if he goes low instead of high, could easily hyperextend a knee and/or shred ligaments in it.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:46 PM   #74
World's finest morphius

I'm just glad we got the one that showed up in the super bowl.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:48 PM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUsedToBeATightEnd View Post

The ****???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.