Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-08-2019, 03:20 AM  
The Boom Boom Room

NFL Draft Pick Value Chart

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019....co/kzurDYhVVc

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:24 AM   #76
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
The consensus is that this year is the best and deepest defensive draft in years. We need way too much help on defense. We need cheap help too. This is not the year to trade up.
Veach seems like a good talent evaluator. If he thinks we can get a Von Miller (possibly Burns or Sweat) type prospect, or a Kevin Williams/John Randle type by trading up, do it.

Other than that, I agree.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:54 AM   #77
In Search of a Life

The problem I see happening at 29 is that all the immediate impact defenders will be gone and it's probably a little too early to take some of the CB's.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:33 AM   #78
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
The problem I see happening at 29 is that all the immediate impact defenders will be gone and it's probably a little too early to take some of the CB's.
It's a possibility, but most of the mocks I've seen show a trend of D-line falling further down the board.

If we could somehow get one of the teams who are angling HARD to get out of the top/mid of the 1st to accept a 3rd or a future pick, we would have no problem getting whatever we wanted. That said, we need to keep those (2) 2's at all costs IMO.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:59 AM   #79
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
It's a possibility, but most of the mocks I've seen show a trend of D-line falling further down the board.

If we could somehow get one of the teams who are angling HARD to get out of the top/mid of the 1st to accept a 3rd or a future pick, we would have no problem getting whatever we wanted. That said, we need to keep those (2) 2's at all costs IMO.
Problem is all those 2's are basically 3's anyway. They're at the complete ass end of the 2nd.

I'd try and trade them to someone to get up in the middle of the 2nd.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #80
Unsparing

Quote:
Problem is all those 2's are basically 3's anyway. They're at the complete ass end of the 2nd.

I'd try and trade them to someone to get up in the middle of the 2nd.
True,

But we need to walk out of the 2nd round with a CB( don't need a star, just a serviceable with high ceiling 'Brandon Flowers'-type ), and a Center that can start.

Now, that said, I DO believe it's possible that after the draft, Veach could probably land a starting Center as teams begin shuffling personnel throughout camp. So, we might be able to package one of those 2's and make a move in either the 1st or 2nd round.

I don't know that I could do this for a living. Scouting and choosing is the easy part. Accounting for all of these variables and options is a whole other ball game.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:54 AM   #81
In Search of a Life

Quote:
True,

But we need to walk out of the 2nd round with a CB( don't need a star, just a serviceable with high ceiling 'Brandon Flowers'-type ), and a Center that can start.

Now, that said, I DO believe it's possible that after the draft, Veach could probably land a starting Center as teams begin shuffling personnel throughout camp. So, we might be able to package one of those 2's and make a move in either the 1st or 2nd round.

I don't know that I could do this for a living. Scouting and choosing is the easy part. Accounting for all of these variables and options is a whole other ball game.
Yeah, ideally, they could come out with a starting DE, a starting Cb and the C.

If that were the case with actual good players and not reaches, i'd be pretty excited.

I couldn't do it for a living. Theres so much shit that can happen daily to throw off the whole thing i'd end up stressed to the max. Like those dudes that do the spinning plates, is what I imagine it's like to run a franchise.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:05 PM   #82
Unsparing

Quote:
Yeah, ideally, they could come out with a starting DE, a starting Cb and the C.

If that were the case with actual good players and not reaches, i'd be pretty excited.

I couldn't do it for a living. Theres so much shit that can happen daily to throw off the whole thing i'd end up stressed to the max. Like those dudes that do the spinning plates, is what I imagine it's like to run a franchise.
I just feel like we need starters who can get their important plays now and again, but who are solid technicians who won't LOSE games for us. I think we can accomplish that goal with what we have.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:11 PM   #83
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I just feel like we need starters who can get their important plays now and again, but who are solid technicians who won't LOSE games for us. I think we can accomplish that goal with what we have.
I'm kind of the opposite.

I think you can find those types of guys in free agency every year. I'm always going into the draft trying to find cornerstones, especially early.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:53 PM   #84
Unsparing

Quote:
I'm kind of the opposite.

I think you can find those types of guys in free agency every year. I'm always going into the draft trying to find cornerstones, especially early.
That's why I include the qualifier of high ceiling potential because I want them to DEVELOP in to something above the norm coming out of the 1st and 2nd rounds, but I want them to START at the level of being solid players who won't shit the bed while they are growing and making the transition.

Right?
Old 04-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #85
MVP

Unless you're going to jump up in the first for a Ferrell or something I'd seriously consider moving back into the early-mid 2nd. If you could pick up a 3rd or 4th it'd be worth it and you could still land a Zach Allen type. He'll be a solid starter day one. Nab an Oruwariye or Ya-Sin and you're in good shape.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:56 PM   #86
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Unless you're going to jump up in the first for a Ferrell or something I'd seriously consider moving back into the early-mid 2nd. If you could pick up a 3rd or 4th it'd be worth it and you could still land a Zach Allen type. He'll be a solid starter day one. Nab an Oruwariye or Ya-Sin and you're in good shape.
Now that's an interesting idea and it does lend itself to putting a great deal of faith in to our new coaching staff in that we could take some rougher prospects and put the shine on them.

The only thing that sucks about that is that we DO need to come out of this thing with a minimum of three guys who are going to be able to contribute from day one, and I'm just not sure that we're going to have "the program" in place and tested enough to make that work by dropping back in order to gain more selections.

There are so many things to consider in terms of our strategy, but I believe that ultimately we're going to have to put some immediate results in to consideration because we are SO CLOSE to being able to make a legitimate grab for that ring.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:14 PM   #87
Curmudgeon

I think Chris makes a good point. I don't see a whole lot of difference between #29 and #40-8, no matter what the magic chart says. Picking up an extra 3 or 4 just might be gold. That said, I also agree with SDH that we need 3 guys that can contribute Day 1.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:17 PM   #88
Most Valuable Villain

I think your best hope for a trade down is going to be a team wanting to get back into the 1st round for a QB.....if 4 don't get taken before us.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:22 PM   #89
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I think Chris makes a good point. I don't see a whole lot of difference between #29 and #40-8, no matter what the magic chart says.
I guess that'd depend on what's there at 29 though. Might have a top 20 guy slide.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:39 PM   #90
Unsparing

The cool thing about where we're at( 29 ), is that we'll have a VERY good idea of how talent may or may not be rolling down the board by the time we would have to engineer either a trade up or a fall back.