Thread: Money I owe the IRS $4,000
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 09:56 AM   #100
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
WRONG as wrong can be.

If you make a deal with the IRS they will MANY times remove entire years of penalties and interest. I know personally as I got my 6 years of past due Fed Taxes reduced to 18% of what the total was.

On the other hand, most states are god damn brutal and not only do they NOT reduce your tax burden, they are very quick to confiscate 100% of your pay until their entire bill is paid. I also painfully know that first hand as I thought they were only allowed to take a PERCENTAGE each paycheck like 10-20% but I was misinformed. They can take 100%. It's brutal.
They also cleared it for my wife when our CPA ****ed up her taxes before we were married. She ended up getting a refund after initially owing over 100K in taxes as well as getting the interest rescinded. In her case, she sold a house for over 400K and for some reason the CPA screwed up and the entire proceeds of the house was shown as income. She actually sold the house for less than she bought it for and had to bring like 8 grand to closing to pay off the loan. So instead of paying capital gains tax on 400 grand, the amended return cleared the balance and actually gave her a refund. But it was still a royal pain in the ass dealing with the IRS and the CPA.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.