Thread: Chiefs Josh Gordon to Chiefs
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 02:27 PM   #126
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Same thing I said in the first Gordon thread - this guy was as close to the league has to Julio Jones when his head was screwed on right.

He's not a bad guy - he was just a drunk. And if he's reinstated, evidently he's convinced enough people that he's past that. And if so, if there's any gas in the tank at all, he can offer something we don't have.

His teammates all seem to want him to succeed. His talent was so undeniable that even a decline (hell, a significant decline) would still be a genuine NFL caliber player. And he's like 18 months older than Pringle is.

I feel like Kemp and/or Pringle did some damage to their standing last week. And if the Chiefs think Gordon can make a contribution, they're smart to take the (extremely minimal) risk.
My dude said basically everything I was going to say...

Dude is an addict. That takes a toll on you, but plenty of people with addiction have gotten a handle on it and made things work.

The comparison that comes to mind for me is a baseball one - Josh Hamilton. Before the addiction, truly uniquely gifted athlete. After the addiction, even at 80 percent of his physical abilities, still a great player.

Gordon was so freakishly athletic that even if he is only 80 percent of what he was before, he still can be a really effective player.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote