Thread: Other Sports Trevor Bauer suspended 324 games
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2023, 08:43 AM   #91
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
She knows she her career and her finances are about to get absolutely hammered Covington Catholic style.

And it’s 100% deserved.
Yeah friends - that's what we here in the industry call 'actual malice' and it's...not great.

The Athletic ain't in great shape financially (and some beat reporter isn't gonna line anyone's pockets) so they'd better hope they have damn good insurance. But I'll note that many insurance policies won't cover the sorts of damages being alleged here. They don't cover 'overt acts' or gross/reckless misconduct. It's why punitive damages awards can be so destructive; very few professional liability policies I've seen will cover them.

They'll cover the cost of the defense that hopes to avoid them, but once they're awarded you're in trouble.

I suspect The Athletic will attempt to lean into lost wages as an award if possible rather than punitives because those would be a sort of actual damages award that their policy is more likely to cover.

Because those boys don't have $40 million lying around.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote