View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 01:28 PM   #275
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Interesting turn of events to finish out the season. Our last league game my son played a ton but we only had 2 subs and it was very hot. I chalked it up to that a bit.

Then our last weekend was a tournament. Now, I don't know what the **** got into my son but in game #1 he came out and literally looked like a completely different player. Was just playing his ass off. We played up 3 kids so for that game we had 4 subs. My son, however, sat all of about 10 minutes of that game.

Ironically in that game I noticed the coach was not subbing much. Even to the point that I was starting to whisper to my wife that he isn't playing the bench much. The next day I found out that one of the parents was pissed, emailed the coach about it and that the coach never replied. My kid played Goal Keeper most of game #2 but then was pulled when we were up by 3 goals and finished the game in the field.

On day 3, a message went out that one of the players wasn't going to be at the game(s) that day. I cannot say for sure it was the kid of the pissed off parent but I am pretty sure it was. My kid actually continued on with his beast mode breakout, and in that game and the finals sat a total of 10 mins. Also was a key part of us not only getting to the finals but winning.

So, I guess my point is, as much as I was pissed at my son's coach and wanted to say something, all I did was tell my kid to work harder to get better. That paid off. The parent that complained, well, I can say that I completely understand where they were coming from but I am not sure he made the right move.

All in all, seems like this parent chose to do what I only contemplated doing and then chose to pull his kid out of the rest of the games. That's a lesson I would not want to teach my kid. Be pissed at the coach if you want too, but don't quit in the middle of things. But, perhaps the coach got the message he needed to get as well???

This little league soccer is serious shit and stuff!!!
No ****ing ****? Who could have possibly known?
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.