Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 12:30 PM   #1610
fides quaerens intellectum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I haven't went that direction because I read (well listened to) Bad Blood by John Carreyrou. It was pretty definitive. I also listened to Thicker Than Water by Tyler Schultz, who was one of the whistleblowers. His grandpa, former SOS George Schultz was a major investor, and the family dynamics were interesting as hell. And it was pretty amazing to see the story from the perspective from a green 20 year old kid.

As interesting as the story is, I'd recommend getting the entire story from the book.

Same thing with We Crashed. This spring I listened to The Cult of We by Eliot Brown and Maureen Farrell. It is also pretty definitive.

I can't imagine a few hours of heavily dramatized dialogue will take the place of 30 hour books.

I'm a total nerd for business. And the frauds these guys manage to pull off for a shocking amount of time never ceases to amaze. I always feel like I need a shower when I'm done, but I can't help myself. I just have to listen to the books.
I'm including each of your mentioned books on my wish list. There was a scene in Episode 6 where George and Tyler Schultz are at Elizabeth's birthday party, and Tyler is about to tell his grandfather his suspicions in a private room when Elizabeth walks in on them, and then she sternly confronts Tyler when George walks back to the party. Then the next scene at the party is Tyler performing a song he wrote for Elizabeth's party in her honor.

I said, "Hmm -- I wonder if anything like that happened in real life?"

And my wife, who had been watching the entire series with me, said, "Wait - is this based on a true story?"
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.