View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 11:09 AM   #2971
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
So, next year is gonna be the same squad right? There's not much they can change iirc.
Depends, there are quite a few options out there in free agency. Ten years ago they could have been viewed as possible landing spots, but I'm not sure that is true anymore. Mo has been quite adept at spending money for past performance on a host of players. He can't seem to within reason accurately evaluate likely depreciating talent on other teams and even our own.

I have no hope that will change as long as he is running things.

That said, theoretically there are several starting pitching options that could make sense. They won't be able to get Cole or Strasburg, and probably not Wheeler. However I wouldn't mind them kicking the tires on Bumgardner or Hamels as long as it is reasonable.

Rendon would make a lot of sense, but they still owe Carpenter three years. Donaldson was a clear miss last year and will probably cash in on his big year with the Braves.

If they had signed Donaldson instead of Goldy and NOT extended Carpenter there would be lots of options this year.

The overstocked outfield are not names that are going to bring great value in return (maybe Carlson, which would be asinine).

So, no probably not going to change much from outside.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli