Thread: Chiefs 2019 Free agency Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 05:20 PM   #769
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Was listening to the AP Laboratory podcast and they discussed some interesting things.

Let’s assume that Ford is retained and Houston is gone. But, Ford is also gone after 2019 (a very likely scenario). We assume that they make an impact signing at the safety position in FA.

Do you take an edge rusher in R1 such as a Jachai Polite/Brian Burns type who could effectively step in at DE next year when Ford is gone while also selecting a CB in R2, OR do you take a CB in R1, possibly after trading up to around 20, and see what edge players are there in R2 or potentially look to address it in 2020.

I’m not sure what the 2020 EDGE class looks like but that would weigh heavily in that decision IMO. CB is a huge need right now but they may have an easier time finding cheaper, competent options in FA this year as well as R2 of the draft than they would when looking for an edge player.
I think you just roll with what you have this year, Speaks and Kpass I think are good enough to pair with Ford to get production. Also Jones can even give you time at end.

This secondary is so bad it needs 2 safeties and a CB. I'd just focus on the DL next year. I do think Speaks will be productive as an end though.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.