View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 03:23 PM   #110
oxymoron

I missed that question originally.

I don't believe in the Illuminati and I don't think Jewish bankers are notably different from any other bankers but I do think everything is controlled, or manipulated, or however you want to phrase it.

There's a lot of evidence that (and I hate to use this term...) the mainstream media in the United States is no longer a free press, but has essentially become a wing of various national intelligence agencies. Doesn't matter what slant you think you're getting, if it's CBS or FOX or MSNBC or even PBS, you're getting spoon fed stuff by some intermix of the CIA and NSA. Which makes us like pretty much everywhere else in the world. It's hard to find actual "news" now.

I also believe this country stopped being a democratic republic sometime in the latter half of the 19th century, and that (another wonky term...) the military industrial complex has been running things since at least the end of WW2. I think we're essentially a plutocracy now, although there's also perhaps some semblance of a royal line in the white house. It's amazing just how interconnected these various presidential families have been, despite how unrelated they appear to be on the surface.

As far as the federal government as a whole goes (like we can really talk about it like it's a single entity, which is a problem with the so-called Disclosure Movement, but I degress) I don't think everyday people mean a thing to anybody in Washington anymore. They don't live the same kind of lives that we do, and I don't think they relate or understand or even care to do either with regards to the kind of lives that average American people lead, or the kinds of things that regular people need, or even the constitutional rights that regular people should have. I think the only interest the government has at this point, at least at the national level, is staying in power, keeping things essentially the way they are and maintaining/increasing their personal fortunes. It's all about incestuous corporate growth.

I also don't think there's a meaningful difference between the two primary political parties, and I think the entire "left/right" paradigm/narrative is a circus put on to keep people both divided and entertained. This ties in with my earlier comments about media and intelligence.

I also think there's a group of (ugh, another word I hate to use) elites who exist at the both the highest levels of our government and above it. These are the guys who literally own about half the planet. And I think it's entirely possible that they organize everything that goes on in an international sense, and that to a large degree national borders have no real relevance or meaning. I think we're now on the verge of what are basically transnational corporations running the entire planet, along the lines of what Kim Stanley Robinson described in Red Mars.

But, at the same time, maybe it's always been like that. Because I just don't believe a whole lot of what I read in vanilla history books. As the saying goes, it's all written by the victors. And they don't generally want themselves to look shady.

And yes, I know just how crazy and paranoid all of this sounds.

Last edited by keg in kc; 01-23-2015 at 03:32 PM..
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.