View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 11:38 AM   #947
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
Again, from what I recall it was about deferred payments to Elway and Davis related to stadium financing. I have not seen anything that confirmed the deferred payments allowed them to sign more players than legally allowed by the cap. It was creative financing on how those 2 players were paid. They were found guilty of cap violations in that regard and paid their penalties. But, I have not seen one statement from the league that confirmed they actually were given an advantage by signing players they otherwise would have been unable to pay/sign.
You REALLY can't see the advantage???? Man, Mania I'd expect that from Knowmo, Krans, Toumbstone, etc, but not you. Wait a minute, never mind...

Quote:
The Broncos got a significant competitive advantage (real or potential) from this rule breaking. The entire league followed the salary cap rules during those years and the Broncos did not. They also happened to win the Super Bowl twice during those compromised years. If a Super Bowl can be tainted by a cheating scandal, then these two are pretty high up the line.

Last edited by TEX; 05-10-2021 at 11:47 AM..
TEX has disabled reputation