Thread: Movies and TV The Boys (Amazon)
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 03:26 PM   #146
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Well, I backtracked and decided to watch the first five episodes of this season.

I never read the comics nor did I know anything about the story arc but I have to say, I've found this season to be fairly boring and unnecessary. Maybe the final three episodes will change the overall direction but I'm not counting on it. I actually liked Season 2 of "The Umbrella Academy" way better than Season 2 of "The Boys", at least so far.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

If you view the supe exposure as more of a catalyst to the story going forward than a finish line, I think you're closer to where they're trying to take the story.

But like you, I haven't read the source material.

I think ultimately it's a "It's not the destination, but the journey" sort of thing. There's been plenty of pure entertainment value in the episodes thus far even if there hasn't been an overwhelming amount of plot advancement.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.