View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 11:42 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
That’s fair. I did not look at otc. My point still stands. There aren’t a bunch of widely regarded playmakers on that squad. Solid squad front to back though. Hopefully we can get there. I’m worried about the back half but maybe we can get better discipline out of these ****s. Errr our guys
Well, he's had playmakers, just on rookie deals. He's churned enough of them though, which makes him look like a ****ing genius. Chandler Jones... sends him packing... then gets Trey Flowers.... sends him packing. McCourty and Gilmore are some of the tops in the NFL at their positions. They just went out and signed Michael Bennett, who's no slouch and cost 8.5 AAV at 34 years old, to replace Flowers and then drafted Winovich to groom to replace him. Malcom Brown was one of the better DTs in the NFL. He's another guy that Bill just let walk and traded for Danny Shelton to replace. We'll see if that backfires on him or not given that Brown signed for peanuts in New Orleans (3 for 15). What he's had to do though, to maintain this style is to replace these guys with high picks. Jones and Brown cost 1st round picks. Flowers was a lucky 4th. Usually he's replacing these guys with 1st and 2nd round guys. They have playmakers, just maybe they aren't talked about and noticed as much? What you see though is Bill drafts ahead for his system and grooms guys and gets them to play to high levels within that system.

The Ravens were also a great example of that under Ozzy. They churned guys on that defensive front with regularity but they always had a guy waiting in the wings.

The Chiefs had so many whiffs of late on the defensive side of the ball that instead of churning within they are digging for gold outside of the organization, and it's expensive. I think, eventually you can get to that and reduce the huge contracts, but it will take time. Imagine if KC actually hit on Speaks and Kpass and got more immediate contributions? It'd look alot better than it does now and we probably wouldn't be talking about a $20 million contract for Clark and we wouldn't be pressed into thinking Jones should be re-signed.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.