View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 09:00 AM   #1503
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
are you sure he shouldn’t be given Ozuna’s spot in LF next year? Seems to me that any level, no matter how much time he is there, he still smashes.

———————————————
Hitter of the Week: Dylan Carlson, OF
Stats (w/ Memphis): 4 G, 17 AB, 3 R, 7 H, 2 2B, 3B, HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB, 5 K

After earning a promotion to Triple-A, the 20-year-old top prospect absolutely mashed in a four-game set against the division-leading Iowa Cubs. He was 7-for-17 with four extra-bas hits, launching his first Triple-A homer in the final game of the series.
Nah, I'm not gonna force him onto the 40 man just yet and I still think the Cardinals BADLY need to figure out this OF jam.

They're dicking up their 40 man and moving guys out just taking wild-ass guesses as to who can actually play because they refuse to give some of these kids extended run.

We still don't know enough about Thomas, Arozarena or even O'Neill. And in a perfect world I'd be moving towards an OF that has two openings in the corners (I still believe in Bader in CF) so we could sort some of that stuff out.

They have far too many questions that need immediate answers to promote a 20 yr old to the starting lineup. I'm not saying he can't assume that role at some point next season (yes, Marcel Ozuna will walk; the payroll structure virtually demands it), but I think you need to start the year with some of these other guys that are getting up there in age for prospects. You need to shit or get off the pot with some of them or at least clear other guys out to make room for them.

The 2021 squad will look significantly different. I think you're probably talking about an OF with Bader, Carlson and Thomas (if I had to guess). But you can't even enter 2021 confidently if you can't get that quartet of young OFers enough playing time to figure out who they are. You can't figure out which one of them can/should be traded for a shorter term fix at 3b while Gorman develops or an arm that can replace the scattered remains of Reyes (and Wainwright) at the back of the rotation.

They have prospects that can't build value and won't be played. That's a recipe for some incredibly bad roster decisions. They need to address those guys first and worry about Carlson later. The kid isn't even Rule 5 eligible yet - there's still so much time.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.