View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 07:09 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
Unless you want to be cut like models, just do the basics. Bike/row/treadmill 20 min, basic weights (curls, squats, bench x 3 sets...I use a machine for the squat/bench due to no spotter) daily. It takes 30 min. Watch what you eat (no snacking). I do this at the gym at 4:30 every day. When I get home and other things get in the way, I know at least I got in a decent workout, thus is a "good day". If I can, later in the evening, do a 20-30 min bike in front of the TV.

Try and set goals. Mine was to burn 10 cal/min rowing through the 20 min period. It took me 3 months. Next up, bench 225 for 5 reps (granted on a machine). It will take me another 3 months.

Start slow, easy and light weight and build from there. I try and do basic light stretching before bed.

It is not fun but I am trying to make it a habit. It does take discipline. It is good that you and your wife are willing to try and put in the time. You can play off each other and encourage. You expect her and she expects you. Hold each other accountable.

In the end, it is all between your ears...mind game. A trainer might help encourage and help with issues. But the basics are the basics.

My go to when I don't feel like going to the gym...a strong cup of coffee 30 min prior. Prolly not recommended, but works for me.

Pop Quiz: what is the heaviest weight in the gym?

Coffee is a great idea. Most preworkouts have caffeine. I have started using preworkouts and notice a difference in my energy and output.

You mention doing basic workout daily? Meaning you squat, bench, etc every day?
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.