View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 05:02 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
That is a good point. When I started, I was really wanting to lose weight. But as I went along, I realized that muscle burns fat, and in my case, I was doing Orange Theory 4 times a week. The older I get, the longer recovery time I find I need. Now, I'm at 3 times a week, but it DOES mean I have to watch my intake. I guess what I meant was, some calories are better than others. I used to use Fitness Pal, which wanted me to consume like 1800 calories a day, which was very difficult. My coach wanted me to concentrate on protein,and bump up to about 2300 to 2500 a day. I settled on 2300, and that seemed to do the trick for me.

Like I said, I really haven't lost a ton of weight, but I'm definitely more fit than I was. In fact, in many ways I'm in better shape now than I was 20 years ago, except for the recovery and joint shit and back pain that seems to come with 51 years on the planet. Right now I'm about 205. Started at 215. So, occasionally I'd dip below 200 but for the most part, I seem to be a 205 pound guy. At 5'10", most people are surprised I weigh over 200, so that's proof enough for me. I'm not trying to be a fitness model, I just want to be in shape and healthy. OT has definitely helped me get there. But, ya gotta stick with it.

At the end of the day, you have to do what's right for you. The trainers at OT work with people individually, cuz one size definitely does not fit all.

That’s exactly right. And I am generally speaking about people who aren’t workout and aren’t interested in gaining strength. For someone who is exercising, creating a calorie surplus with adequate protein, there is some evidence they can recomp their body by losing fat and gaining muscle simultaneously
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.