View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 12:52 PM   #889
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler08 View Post
We just paid our last installment bill for Sunday ticket. 6 months of my wife bitching is over! I pray it goes to Netflix or Prime. I have shitty internet but I can stream ok with those two. Streaming off a website isn’t the greatest. I’d love to ditch directv. We never watch it and only watch and record shows on local tv thru directv. If I cut the cord how can I watch and record shows on nbc, abc, cbs?
There are some other threads on this. One of my rants is how hard/expensive it is to DVR a video stream and how the industry has trained Americans to expect to have to pay a monthly fee for the privilege of doing so.

I have kept an old, Windows 7 desktop in my living room. I have a small antennae attached to the chimney on my roof. I get great OTA. I bought a cheap tuner ($30?) to connect the antennae to the PC. Windows 7 media player has a great DVR that I can record OTA channels with. I also have a Windows media player remote so the fast forward to skip commercials is much nicer than trying to use a mouse and slider bar. I pay $0/month for it. My desktop is directly connected to my surround sound/TV with HDMI. Simple, cheap, it works great.

After Windows 7, Microsoft killed this media player. I haven't investigated for a couple of years, but last I checked the options that didn't involve monthly payments didn't seem that great.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.