View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 10:36 AM   #80
Supporter

I have a mixed answer. I have no problem with a pro athlete making millions and being setup for life. That's great. The player has a talent. They get injured fairly often. The teams make huge sums of money off of them. They deserve to be paid well. Where my problem lies is on the top end. In particular, the quarterbacks. Dak Prescott turned down $175 million over 5 years. Why?? That is more money than he can ever spend. If you can't spend it, then why do you want it? The team has a salary floor, so they will spend that money regardless. Let them use the money to build a better team around you. I feel like if I was in his position, and had his talent, I would say guarantee me 5 years and $150 million. After that, I would be set for life. Why would I want or need any more? At the end of the 5 years, do it again, for the same money. It's a win-win. You only take away from your team and don't improve your life one bit fighting for more when you're talking about that kind of money.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.