View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 12:15 PM   #393
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I'm gonna sound like a dick but if I'm Mike Trout and you want me to take 7 mill instead of my 36 to put myself at risk when my wifes pregnant I'm staying home.
I'm hopeful that the public becomes aware of just what kind of ****ery ownership is up to this time.

This was an OBVIOUS attempt to create the sort of class-warfare populism that the NFL used against the NFLPA to get a deal done. They threw all their efforts at assuaging concerns of lower paid guys so they could get the majority on their side. And it worked.

The MLB owners, OTOH, overplayed their hands so incredibly badly that all they managed to do was piss the rank and file players off. ESPECIALLY when the narrative they've sold year after year to keep initial salaries down was "when its your turn, you'll get yours..."

Well they did such a good job selling it that the less costly players said "okay, when it's our turn we'll get ours....but you're pretty clearly establishing that you're willing to **** us over when that time comes because if you'll do it to Mike Trout, you'll absolutely do it to us.

Ultimately when the details of that thing started to leak out, I became about 80% convinced that the owners would rather not have a season than suffer a seasons worth of losses.

And for a bunch of guys that are supposed to be smart businessmen, that's just shockingly stupid.

They had to believe the class-warfare play would work because if not, they're just far dumber than I could've ever imagined.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.