Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 03:45 PM   #696
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
I just finished re-watching Season 1 of Star Trek Picard. I know that some people don't like that show at all. I love almost everything about that show.

The entire cast gave outstanding performances and the season-long plot was incredible. My favorite character might have been Dr. Agnes Jurati, who wound up murdering Dr. Maddox and then later redeeming herself. She was a very complex and interesting character. So were Soji/Dahj, Raffi, Rios, and Seven of Nine. And watching Data ask Picard to terminate the simulation that was keeping his consciousness alive was very touching and seemed very fitting for Data's character as the Android who desperately wanted to be human. Since humans aren't immortal, he didn't want to be immortal either.

Seeing Riker coming to the rescue in the last episode as temporary captain of a star ship was one of the highlights of the season. It totally made up for seeing him in an earlier episode as a boring old retired guy in overalls and a scraggly grey beard.

I must say I had very low expectations for Star Trek Picard. I didn't want to see a show with 80 year old Patrick Stewart playing a boring old retired guy. This show far exceeded my expectations.
I understand you have your own personal tastes and I don't want to shit on them, but Picard is bad TV and it is garbage Star Trek. These reviews are better than the show, and you should consider watching them. Picard is bad and they do a good job of explaining why.
bowener has disabled reputation