Thread: WR Room?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 06:34 AM   #30
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

It's an interesting mix in the WR room, for sure. In my opinion...

They didn't sign Marquez Valdes-Scantling with the idea that he was going to morph into this all-around, elite WR.

They signed him because they wanted to maintain the elite deep ball threat that forces teams to "defend every blade of grass" and keeps teams in the 2-deep shell.

They were losing that with Tyreek Hill. When Valdes-Scantling and Hardman (or even just one of them, really) are on the field, the Chiefs have speed available that will keep teams in the shell.

I expect Hardman to do a lot of the short things they asked Hill to do last year in adjustment to the shell. He was effective in those snaps down the stretch. So really, the Chiefs are adjusting, IMO, to have Hardman do the short stuff they were doing with Hill, and have Valdes-Scantling do the deep stuff.

I expect Smith-Schuster and Skyy Moore to be major upgrades from Robinson and Pringle at the other 2 WR spots.

And I think Skyy Moore has more ability to play outside than people expect. Just because he's 5-10 doesn't mean he's a slot-only guy, especially in an offense that DOESN'T rely on the back-shoulder throws.

Saying this room is worse than it has been since 2014 is way, way off. It's worse at the best WR spot than last year but better everywhere else. Which is still better than anything before 2018 and at least has the potential to be better overall than last year.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote