Thread: WR Room?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 11:39 PM   #25
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I can appreciate depth, but a healthy star #1 AND #2 WR is worth more than depth all the way through your #6 WR I think.

Our squad is currently filled with good #2 and #3 WRs, plus some some high upside fliers. By the end of this season, I wouldn't be surprised if Moore was our best WR. Maybe we add a RD 1 WR next year and he and Moore are our new WR Core moving forward + whichever additional guys from this year stick.
I don't disagree, it's hard not to look at the Bengals and Rams last year and think you really need at least 2 elite to very good WRs and a third that's a decent threat. Even counting Kelce our quality at receiver is quite a lot worse.

I think this depth approach only works if Mahomes has patience and trust in them all. The value then is he doesn't have to lock in, he can go through progressions and ideally having a number of competent WRs means one can provide an option. We should also be able to absorb injuries better. "Quantity has a quality of its own"

But look, I wanted us to ADD someone alongside Hill, I assume that was most people's preference. I don't think it's a given we're better at the position this year at all. I'm just not convinced outside of the Bengals and Raiders there's loads of AFC teams in much better shape.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote