Thread: Music New Tool
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 08:36 AM   #38
Plays to win the game!

10000 Days wasn't Lateralus or Aenima but it was good. It's not that Tool needs to show an evolution in my mind, the impressive thing is that they haven't changed much since Aenima, and that's great. So many bands from my childhood had amazing first and second albums, then their third albums became only half good, then everything after that was the same or worse. Tool has been great for decades, all while playing around drop D tuning, and they sound the same, but different at the same time. They don't stretch out and try tons of different things, they're just amazing musician's that compliment each other to near perfection between their riffs and rhythms.

Gimme 46 and 2 because it was the first song I learned on electric bass and is my favorite Tool song, give me Ticks and Leeches because of it's fast pace Danny Carey is going to melt your face off drum work, and then give me Vicarious and Jambi on 10000 days to get a concert started off the right way. I don't view any of their songs to be bad per say, I think they all hold their place in the badass history that is Tool.

I didn't like Fear Inoculum at first, but as I've listened to it over and over again I love it, same with Descending. I'm stoked to hear this album with an amazing set of headphones in my office while I'm working on shit or playing video games, and the fact that it's all on Apple music now, holy shit perfect storm of awesome.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote