Thread: Football OJ Simpson DEAD at 76
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 01:54 PM   #179
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku_jhawk23 View Post
I don't think he said he is going to pay. He said he would accept the claim against the state and then let the Nevada legal system take care of it. I think Vegas is a state that makes it very difficult to collect civil debts....the reason he was living there and Florida.
Well Vegas ain't a state....

And collecting a civil debt isn't the same as making a claim on the estate. Even if they have difficult garnishment mechanisms (they really don't from my reading of them), a claim against an estate is an entirely different animal. And if he has the assets to open an estate, as a judgment creditor the Goldman's will be considered a priority claim.

If there's much to get at all, they'll get something out of it. But people holding that kind of debt usually get pretty cagey about not accruing equity in property and spending their resources as they get them. They live as high as they can by and large.

I'd be surprised if there's much left to get ahold of.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.