Thread: Movies and TV Hamilton
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 09:10 AM   #13
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Anybody go see it when the music hall last summer?

Honestly, Lin-Manuel Miranda just cannot !@#$ing sing. At all. He's nasal and tinny and just not a good singer. He takes away from the performance in a big way, IMO. Joseph Morales played Hamilton in KC and he was a far better singer. Perhaps not as good a performer, but close enough.

The guy that played Burr in Kansas City was just bigger and more physically imposing. It gave him a little more power in his performance than Leslie Odom had in the original cast as Burr. It created a better contrast, IMO. Again - Odom was the better performer and actor, but I liked the size/presence disparity that the guy in the live version brought.

Eliza Schuyler, OTOH, just friggen kills it from the original cast. She's incredible and clearly a step up over the live version replacement.

Most of the others were not noticeable steps up or down either way. There's something strangely offputting about the high-angle, high-def close-ups that show them sweating buckets throughout, but there's pretty much unavoidable.

But otherwise - yeah...that's the play. And intermission was only a minute long instead of an hour long necessitated by a power outage during a massive rainstorm like the live version we saw, so that was nice. I preferred the live version and when it comes back through, I'd recommend anyone who enjoyed this to go see it because a theater show really does do better in a theater most of the time, but this was a pretty good recording and re-presentation. It captured enough to be worth the time.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote