Thread: Movies and TV Hamilton
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 06:40 AM   #3
fides quaerens intellectum

Watched it over the weekend. Miranda seems to have Hamilton be the straight man and let every other character outshine him in their turn. I think that’s his intention, but it also helps that he was probably a few years older than every other cast member too.

The policy-rap battles with Jefferson were a highlight.

It’s remarkable that something so popular in this era did not spend a significant portion of its story on slavery and the popular discussion of our time when it comes to the country’s founders. And it has gotten some flak for that, and I appreciated Miranda’s careful and classy response. I suspect it makes Hamilton more than a product of its time and will be enjoyed for generations.

Must watch again with subtitles.
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.