Thread: Football Broncos news megathread
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 05:38 PM   #40244
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I've seen a few things recently (sorry, no links since it's putting a bunch of things together) that indicate that five different ownership groups may be forming:

1. Bowlen daughter #1
2. Bowlen daughter #2
3. A group that elway is forming
4. A group that Peyton Manning is forming.
5. The descendants of the broncos' previous owner, Edgar Kaiser, are saying that they have right of first refusal to buy the team

Apparently alliances could be forming based on the following politics.

One of the daughters doesn't like elway and vice versa.

The current executive committee prefers manning's group over the others, but they're not averse to one of the daughters (not sure which).

Apparently elway and Manning are not going to team up for reasons I'm not clear about.

Apparently no one likes one of the daughters, which may or may not be the one that also dislikes elway. Obviously I'm not keeping a close eye on this.

The team doesn't like the claim from the Kaiser descendants and apparently they've tried this in the past without success.

With all that in mind, my thinking is that we may end up with the following groups:

1. A widely disliked daughter that no one will support, who'll only get the team if she can win a lawsuit. Odds: 1%

2. The Kaiser team, who'll only get the team if they can win a lawsuit. Odds: 1%

3. The elway team, who'll be resisted by everyone. Odds: 5%

4. Whichever daughter is not widely disliked, who may end up partnering with Manning. Odds: 20%

5. The Manning team, which I think will be the frontrunner, especially if they team up with the popular daughter. Odds: 33%

Of course, none of that will matter if some uber-rich person like Jeff Bezos or Mark Cuban comes in and tips everything over. Odds: 40%
It's a hot mess and unfortunate that the family can't figure it out and come to terms.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.