View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 02:49 PM   #846
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
I really liked Children of Time, but I wasn't crazy about Children of Ruin. It wasn't bad, but it seemed like he was treading on some of the stuff he had already covered in the first book.

I've only read the first four Malazan books. Deadhouse Gates was definitely my favorite of the four. I really liked the Chain of Dogs stuff.

One Day All This Will Be Yours is actually a follow-up to a short story called “The Mouse Ran Down." It's completely different in tone but you might want to give it a read.

I've never heard of "16 Ways to Defend a Walled City." I'll add it to the list.

I’ll check out Mouse ran down.

KJ Parker is pretty interesting. He kind of has a loose universe setting that he slightly reboots for each series he uses it in.

Malazan is worth circling back to. He gets better as it goes on. Midnight Tides is the last one where he adds a lot of new stuff, IMO.

If you enjoyed the Chain of Dogs, I think you’ll like the Bonehunters and Adjunct Tavore.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote