Thread: Movies and TV Joker - Warner Bros. movie
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 03:41 PM   #147
Plays to win the game!

It was a great introspective film about mental illness. When he starts to become the Joker, the last third of the film, is absolutely perfect. Really impressive take on the character from Joaquin Phoenix. How he knows what his plan is, but then a slight change invites a new layer of chaos.

The entire movie is about the facets of mental health that we don't want to acknowledge, don't want to talk about and sometimes flat out ignore about people who have uncontrollable issues that they can't help, many times through no fault of their own. Society doesn't pay attention to their issues, mocks them, makes light of them, or just ostracizes them completely.

The movie worked on two levels really well. I think all the critic praise you see about the movie is from those who focused on the mental health aspect and the grim mirror image that reality can have. I was kinda bored through the first half, until you start to understand why Thomas Wayne is in the movie, then it gets going. When he dons the makeup, and dyes his hair, and puts on the suit, oh man. That's almost worth the price of admission in and of itself if it didn't only last for about thirty minutes or so.

Also I won't ruin it for any of you but you see the dance down the stairs between two buildings in all the commercials when he's in full Joker garb, the musical choice they have for that dancing down the stairs is priceless. I laughed out loud when I figured out what they were playing.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.