View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 09:18 AM   #413
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Cubs need a lot of things but they have to start somewhere.

They just traded for Madrigal so hes going to be the 2B of the future. They have Davis in AAA who will probably get a mid season call up for CF. They dont have a SS unless they want to go with Hoerner who pulls a hammy when he ties his shoes, so if they arent in on a SS this offseason then I'll be disappointed, which I'm fully ready to be disappointed. If they get Correa or whoever that would be a pretty good start to a new core.

I'd probably also think about trading the Yankees Contreras and see about buying low on Torres, because the Yankees are most likely going to be in on either Seager or Semien, and grabbing one of their pitching prospects like Yoendrys Gomez. That might be a slight overpay for the Yankees but they need a catcher and there's no better alternative to Contreras available, that I see. I would put Torres at 3B and just hope his power returns because he's still a hitter that has a good understanding of the strike zone. Even if it doesnt the Cubs get 3 years of control and a decent pitching prospect for 1 year of Contreras. Worth the risk, imo. Just need to go out and sign a couple short deals for defensive first catchers like Gomes, Vazquez, Barnhart or some shit til Amaya is ready for his shot.
Yep. If Carlos is to leave Houston, I would not mind him going to the Cubs. He'd be leaving the AL and be going to a big market team with a great fan base where he would provide immediate help.
TEX has disabled reputation