Thread: Chiefs -- Amnorix
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #178
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
We’ve seen great coaches here who couldn’t get it done without top tier QB play. You definitely need a good coach, but I think the QB is the biggest factor.
Well, I think it's both, and I think the percentages vary depending upon the pair you're discussing. For example, Marino/Shula was probably about even (Shula did well pre-Marino). Belichick/Brady I think is slightly more Belichick. Mahomes/Reid... well, that's an interesting one. Reid has done a shitload of winning but without Mahomes he never finished the job. As much as I think Reid is a great coach, I might give that one more weight to Mahomes.

And, don't get me wrong, I think Belichick could coach (or cheat) his ass off and still not sniff an AFCCG with mediocre QBing. But, again, he got to 11-5 with Casshole. Trent Dilfer won a ring. Brad Johnson won a ring. The dead crippled ghost of Peyton Manning won a ring. So the question is, how good of a QB does Belichick need? Can he coach a Stidham up to be, say, around the 10th-best QB, and would that be enough? If he picked up a Carr or a Dalton, would he be able to get enough out of those guys? I think he could.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote