View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 12:28 PM   #112
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
Kind of the same experience Bearcat. If I don't follow the diet to the letter I basically tread water in terms of weight while shifting some fat to muscle. But man, if you follow the diet to the letter the weight really melts off starting in the second month. Super heavy on protein, I remember falling asleep trying to finish chicken breasts at night. Seemed like I was shoveling (good) food in my face all day, but the pounds were flying off.

I still use a chair on about half of the pullups, otherwise I can't do the reps I want to.
Yeah, as far as fat loss (which is 99% in the gut for me), it wasn't until I started counting calories that I'd see a difference... I simply can't eat at a deficit like that without tracking, especially since it's so easy to overdo it on putting extra cheese on something or BBQ sauce, etc.

As far as muscle building, I've never really tracked up... I saw far better results on the bodyweight/full body routine and didn't track food any better than when on p90x. I definitely could in terms of tracking overall weight and progress and maximizing calories for muscle building, but as long as workouts don't stall out, I'm happy.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote