View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 08:46 PM   #14
Starter

Really pleased that the contributors on this board that I most respect since I have joined about a year ago have responded to my original post.

All-time I definitely agree about drafting Montana.. There has probably been no bigger mistake in drafting, other than obviously Brady. Marino would have been fantastic also but you have to look at the fact he never won a Super Bowl.

But in the Mahomes era , in terms of impacts on winning more Super Bowls, I am surprised there’s no support for Kittle being the worst miss.

I am pretty sure he would’ve made enough difference in 2018 when we lost to Brady and overtime on the coin flip.

We won in 2019 and certainly would have been even better over San Francisco if we had Kittle.

Like I said in my original post Kittle might even have made a difference in the 2020 loss to Bradynin the Super Bowl as it might have compensated sufficiently for the inadequate, blocking by injured OTs and added some surer hands for end zone drops.

In 2021 I definitely think Kittle would’ve made enough difference for us to beat the Bengals and then to beat the Rams. of course drafting Higgins instead of Clyde Edwards-Helaire would’ve more clearly changed the Bengals Chiefs game. But I think kittle would’ve changed it enough as well.

In 2022 kettle might not have mattered as much when we won the Super Bowl, but he certainly would have improved our receiver room last year when we want it again in 2023

And going forward for our three peat, and four Pete and on, we wouldn’t need to worry about replacing Kelsey anymore.

Anyway, I certainly respect the choices of others, but I’d be interested in why you didn’t kittle would’ve had the maximum impact.
gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.