View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 03:54 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
One thing I have learned over the last 4 years is...counting calories is not the be all end all. You have to look at what you are eating. In fact, my coaches have been having me eat MORE than I thought I should, concentrate on protein and when I lift, I lift as heavy as I can. Quality reps over quantity, and time under tension, so go slow. It ain't a race, and it's about your body, not the fitness model on YouTube. That's just me, but I really saw improvement this year. I don't even get on the scale anymore, I go by how my clothes fit.
This is mostly wrong, at least if your primary goal is weight loss. I’m not saying it’s wrong for everyone, it’s just usually wrong in my experience when dealing someone who has struglgled for years with losing weight. People know what it means to eat healthy, they just can’t sustainably do it.

The only thing at you lose weight is with a calorie deficit. All the diets, all the workouts are just mechanisms to create a deficit. Someone who cannot succeed with weight loss needs to find a long term way to create deficit

When I am counseling on weight loss, sometimes I don’t even talk about macro quality. People need to focus on volume eating. They need to find low calorie high volume foods so they can feel full. To me this is a different conversation than someone who is looking for dietary changes to be more healthy.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.