View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 08:08 PM   #6
MVP

I'm absolutely in agreement that there will be talent at 29 that can contribute. What I'm not convinced of is that there will be an edge rusher available that late that will be a difference maker or even worth the pick. I'm very worried that the Chiefs pass rush in 2019 will be only Chris Jones. The Chiefs really have noone else that can get after the QB.

Speaks did not show me a guy that could get after it from the edge regularly last season. Ogbah and Okafor have shown for years now that they can't.

The guys I see that can do that in this draft are: Bosa, Ferrell, Sweat, Allen, Burns, Gary, and Winovich. I've been working on my final mock with trades and I kind of see the following: Bosa at 2, Allen at 4, Gary at 5, Sweat at 10 (mocked a Denver/New York trade), Ferrell at 15, Burns at 16, and Winovich at 20.

Of course there are a few names with some potential out there. Ximines, Ferguson, Bryant, Crosby, Hollins, Polite, and Brailford all show some promise but I'm nowhere near as high on any of them and really half that list are better suited as 3-4 OLB projects. I'm not sure how much of an impact any of that list really makes year one. I see Ferguson, Bryant, and Polite as best bets.

I'm not balls deep on seeing the need to trade up twice but wanted to throw it out there. I do really see the need for getting up in 1 for a pass rusher though. I think this is the year to do it when you know you have extra picks in the bag next year to offset making the move.

Of course, if Veach does trade for a pass rusher like Clark before the draft this changes things. We're a couple weeks out and it hasn't happened though, so I'm not so sure it does.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.