View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 07:55 AM   #188
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Just got back from seeing this. I get why some folks didn’t love it. Personally, I thought it was phenomenal! DiCaprio’s character is so great and Pitt was as great as he’s ever been in anything. Like it or not, you cannot tell the story of America without L.A. and L.A. may have never been as important as it was during that time period(it’s not really that big of a deal nowadays). QT takes you on a throwback journey and ties in one of the most horrific, yet interesting pieces of American cultural history. Plus an awesome soundtrack and plenty of Tarantino Easter eggs.
Pitt and DiCaprio's performances should get Oscar nods.This film highlighted why they are two of the best actors in this era.

As usual the music soundtrack from the era chosen by Tarantino helped provided another layer to the events happening on the screen. He is a master at using music to help tell his vision.

I laughed out loud at one Easter egg that was not so subtle, the poster of the Nazi pic directed by the Italian maestro "Mar-ga-ray-ti!" pronounced the way Pitt pronounce it to Hans when trying to get into the theater in Inglorious Bastards.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.