Thread: Life Health Insurance
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 03:18 PM   #42
MVP

Ugh, I work in Healthcare for a profit and even I suggest we'll move to a government supplemented program soon. Hopefully.

Before you jump down my throat, please note this is not a political perspective, its economic.

Approx 55% of hospitals in the US are failing to make a profit post covid. Reminder to everyone that they are business, for profit, and will cut services and employees if they can't continue to profit. At least 5 hospitals in FL shut down 1st qrt last year.

The trends relate to the increase in cost from vendors (medical and pharma companies), stagnant wages and decrease in headcount at hospitals due to less profit, YOY increases in cost of insurance, etc... Ultimately, run away capitalism requires some taming in key industries that act as the pillars of our society.

I'm also a lifelong sales person, but even I can see that there are industries where we allow unnecessary middle men to profit just to give useless folks a job. Specifically, car sales, mortgage sale, and insurance sales could all be easily purchased online now but we inflate the ins industry bc it's powerful in the US and many folks depend on it for jobs and it would have ramifications on our economy to evolve to a new system.

Don't let politicians feed you anti-american BS when it comes to offering citizens better value in healthcare is my .02c, they're paid to keep the status quo.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote