View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 09:15 AM   #769
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatloaf View Post
How about Witt to SS, Whit at 2B, and Mondesi to CF. Maybe such a move for Mondesi would somehow free him up at the plate. Plus, and I may be alone in this thinking, but I think Mondesi is an average SS at best. Sure, he can make the play fantastic, but too many times I've seen him boot the ordinary grounder and/or loft one high/wide to 1B. The kid could be GREAT in CF.

Plus, Whit has said he'd really like to play 2B; time to give the guy his due and let him team with Witt for a nice twosome top the middle.
Really like this idea IF the Royals are gonna extend him long term. I agree that Mondesi would be better in CF long term and free up SS for Witt to take over, but Mondesi is gonna need some time to work on CF and get accustomed to it so that definitely won't be happening this year.

If the Royals are gonna extend him, they need to have him playing CF regularly in winter ball and he needs to be working on it regularly in ST next year. Not sure what his amenability to that type of move would be? But I assume that is something the Royals would discuss with him and his agent BEFORE signing him long term . . . . .
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.