View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 05:23 PM   #41
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I rewatched it recently and I thought it did a nice job of encapsulating the comparative meat grinder that was the pacific theater. Especially in comparison to the European theater.

I suppose, but as has been said by someone with far more historical knowledge and combat experience than me-- the deadliest battle is the one you're currently in. Who can say Tarawa was worse than Omaha Beach?

The fact that 8 of 11 Germans who died in WWII were killed by the Russians certainly helped the Allies, but the U.S. still lost more than twice the number of troops in Europe in a shorter amount of total time than we did in the Pacific.

A couple of months ago I posted a fact re: the air war over Europe; more Army Air Corps soldiers were killed in action over the skies of Europe than the entire Marine Corps during the war. Was the air war more of a meat-grinder than the Pacific theater? If you go by pure number of casualties, it certainly was.

Anyway. I didn't mean to come off like a dick. If we were drinking beers around a fire, you'd know by my tone of voice I'm just making conversation. I'm looking forward to this too.
Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.