Thread: Movies and TV Top 10 favorite films of the 2010s?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 06:31 PM   #84
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan View Post
Saw it.

It’s very good, although I think the people calling it “one of the best movies of the decade” are wildly overrating it.

It’s very solid though.
Yeah, I can see it that way. What impresses me is how comprehensive it is in its genius.

It's not just a pretty movie, or a great story, or some great acting performances. Everything coalesces to a narrative that is both ambiguous and pointed simultaneously.

Nobody's all good. Nobody's all bad. No one big event sets everything in motion. It's the implacable inertia of fate dealing its hand out in our current times and letting the chips fall as they may.

And it's tone is all over the place while still remaining coherent.

It's something you can ruminate on and still not make progress, yet still feel the rumination was productive.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 12-19-2019 at 08:36 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.