View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 01:45 PM   #19
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Shin splints suck. Dealt with them in track and soccer.

You should ice for 20 minutes max at a time. then 20 minutes off, then repeat. I usually could only do this for about 2 hours at a time before I decided I needed a break from that. Mostly to get rid of shin splints you need to take it easy. Stretching, judicious icing, and rest is the cure.

Then when you're ready, restart your exercise regimen, but go slow. Like 1/3rd of whatever you were doing before. Build up gradually, and if the shin splints return, scale back for a week and then try to build up again. And consistent stretching and ice post-exercise during this time.

Also get after-market insoles. Amazing how they help with all your common foot/ankle/shin issues.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote