View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 08:15 PM   #642
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
This isn't a horror film in the true sense, but ever since Donnie Darko I've tried to watch everything Jake Gyllenhaal has done. He made a film in 2013 that went straight to video, it's called "Enemy". It has never showed up on HBO, Showtime, etc., but I found it on Directv on-demand but I didn't want to pay their high price to see it.

Yesterday I searched Netflix and they had it, so I watched it last night. It's directed by Denis Villeneuve, who has done "Prisoners" with Jake and Hugh Jackman, which was real good drama about a kidnapped child. He also did "Arrival" with Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner, which I thought was excellent sci-fi about alien ships landing on Earth and Amy could talk to them.

In this film "Enemy" Jake just goes about work as a history professor, has sex with his girlfriend, lives in a condo in Toronto. One day at work a guy asks, if he liked movies. He said no, not really. So Jake then said, what would you recommend for a cheerful film. He mentions some film, so Jake goes to the video store and rents the film.

He's watching the movie and a woman is checking into a hotel and the bellhop picks up her luggage and Jake notices the actor looks just like himself, but without the beard Jake has for this film. He goes to the internet and there are 3 actors listed as bellhops, so he looks up each one and he finds it's Bellhop #3. He searched the guy's name online and finds the agency that he is represented by.

Jake goes to the agency and right away the security guard calls him by the actor's name. He picks up the actor's mail and opens it, and gets the guys home address. He goes to the address, it's in a group of highrise condos, so he parks on the top floor of a garage and tries to see the unit. He calls the guys phone number and a girl answers. He starts to tell his look-alike story, but the girl thinks he's her boyfriend pulling a prank. His voice is just like the guys voice so much so, that his girlfriend is fooled.

That's all I'll tell you for now. Enemy could of been a great or excellent movie, but it's so dark visually whenever they're inside and it slow moving. The film script should of been tightened, indoor shots should of been lighted better, get a faster pace, I was surprised that director turned out this movie. To me, it was worth watching because the story is unique. There is also an ending, that I had to go and look up the meaning. Because of the last 2 seconds of the film, it's qualifies as a horror film.

Man I watched this and really wanted to like it. But just couldn’t figure it out. Maybe the wife and other lady look too much alike and it confused the shit outta me. Then the ending?? I read up on it afterwards and it seems most are as confused as I was. Premise was good and acting also. Too confusing for my pee brain I guess.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.