Thread: Movies and TV Captain Marvel
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 05:14 PM   #653
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
As for the gals, my views were formed long before the #metoo stuff, going back to movies like Salt where this skinny woman is just beating the dogshit out of big male mercs etc... I am simply unable to suspend my disbelief
I tend to have this issue too and my ovaries don’t make me any likelier to suspend than men. Have you seen Charleze Theron’s Atomic Blonde? I thought they did that fighting really well and she had to compensate for her physical inequity and each blow she takes punishes her believably. The movie itself is okay, but the ending was disappointing to me, however it is a great example of a role where she isn’t just filling a role that would typically be written for a male star. It is very successful at making her believable as a woman in that circumstance.
underEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote