Thread: Life Brushes with Madness
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #149
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I disagree and the reason is that the O.J. verdict was a slam to the LAPD, Daryl Gates and the sham trials that occurred in the wake of the Rodney King beating.

It was payback and everyone in the city knew it.

Furthermore, those jurors weren't his "peers". His peers lived in Malibu, Brentwood, Santa Monica and Pacific Palisades, not downtown or South Central L.A.
Doesn't that again speak to the timing of it, though? And to the fact that there just wasn't a hell of a lot the prosecutors could've done about it?

I can't speak to the internal politics of LA, obviously. And really, I was quite young when the trial was conducted. But when I was in school later, I went over many of the transcripts and even watched most of the testimony - the Prosecutors did a credible, but by no means good job.

It was a much harder case than most people give Darden/Clark credit for. And really, you can only do so much when you have a racist dickweed as a key witness.

It wasn't a good L, but it was one that where the verdict itself gives me more pause than the performance of the prosecutors. The prosecutors efforts, to my eye, should have easily secured a conviction.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.