Thread: Movies and TV Mortal Kombat (2021)
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 02:35 PM   #75
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
You must accept the cheese factor in MK.
Hell yeah. Honestly, I'd have been totally fine with it if they'd just used the original "GET OVER HERE" voice from the games. And if they'd have just had Liu Kang shouting gibberish as he was doing the Bicycle Kick.

Give me all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
I've heard "rumors" Johnny Cage wasn't in it because they didn't want anyone playing the "white savior".
Which is SO ****ing dumb. The premise is planet Earth fighting for its survival against foreign invaders. There are like 2 billion white and white-ish people in Earthrealm. It wouldn't be weird to have a few white guys on the roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
Also. Technically none of this was part of the tournament. How is obvious cheating not allowing raiden to intervene.
Hah. Right?!? Wtf, bro. These dudes are literally in a temple named after you and explicitly told you they were there for some murder shenanigans. Why could you not just smite them all then and there?

On a similar note, this entire movie taking place before the tournament was a complaint I read a lot, but it doesn't actually bother me. Canonically, the MK tournament only takes place once every 50 years so you've kinda gotta drag it out a bit unless you want to have to turn over the Earthrealm roster with each movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Kano - "Hey Gandalf what does my fortune cookie say?"
When they told Sonya she couldn't train without the arcana symbol and Kano dropped the "****in' whoops" it sent me
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.