Thread: Movies and TV Mortal Kombat (2021)
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 11:22 AM   #64
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
This movie was fun... but it sucked. (For most of the reasons Wallcrawler already mentioned)

MK: Rebirth still kicks all ass.
Yeah i watched it last night with my son.

As a 14 y/o, he loved it. I woulda too if i were 14.

I'd say that it was a better movie than that shit from the 90's.

It both sucked and was awesome at the same time, lol.

I felt like it embraced the cheesiness that is Mortal Kombat though, and didn't try to be something it wasn't. (Jax discovering his Arcano was just so )

The lack of a cohesive story and lack of character development, the weird time lapses, odd casting choices (im looking at you Raiden) and several other overlooked nuances were to be expected so i don't really hold it against the movie.

The comedy factor (mostly provided by Kano) and the fan service were cool and unexpected. I didn't expect to laugh as much as i did.

I thought they executed the spell effects pretty well. I sat there thinking i wish the Warcraft movie could've executed the spell effects this well, it woulda been a much better movie.

My one complaint though would be Cole's Arcana. Looks dumb. Rather boring. Built it up and unveiled, basically nothing more than an ugly magic shirt...
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.