View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 03:34 PM   #71
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
I watched some videos on YouTube. One guy smoked his ribs using the 4--1-1 method. Smoke 4 hours at 225, wrap in foil and add water. Cook for another hour, remove the foil, add BBQ sauce and smoke for another hour. I've never tried that method. Sounds like a short cut to get them tender in half the time. Do any of you like that method?
Is it really that easy with pellet smokers?
I've cooked baby back pork ribs a few times using this method you mentioned on my Traeger and they turned out great. I used apple juice instead of water. After smoking them added a mixture of seasonings, honey, yellow mustard etc. Here's the link of the recipe.

https://www.traegergrills.com/recipe...baby-back-ribs

Everyone at the family BBQ loved them.

Last night I cooked a 2lbs tri-tip on my Traeger. First I rubbed some dry seasoning on then smoked the meat for 2 hrs. Then I put it in some foil after basting it with Mustard, Korean hot sauce, Worchester sauce, and Mmmm BBQs sauce. I cooked it at 275 for about 40min. Came out great. This was me just experimenting with different sauces.

Have some fun with it and try to experiment with what you may like.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote